But first, a brief announcement:
YesterNook will be closed this Sunday, March 31, in observance of Easter.
We will be open regular hours on Saturday.
And now, back to the regularly scheduled blog post. Here are some things to keep in mind when shopping at YesterNook.
1. We're glad to accept credit and debit cards for your purchases, but we do have a firm minimum of a 10 dollar purchase to use a card. This is to offset the fees that we are charged to accept the cards. Thanks for understanding.
2. For your protection and ours, if your card isn't signed, we will ask to see identification.
3. Please ask for assistance if you need help reaching an item or taking an item out of a booth to purchase. We'll be glad to help you move furniture and other items. It's really no bother.
4. If you do want to purchase an item that you cannot bring to the register, just bring the tag from the item. If you want something from the garage, just bring the tag inside.
5. We can hold a large purchase for you to arrange to transport it, but only for two days. After that, we may charge a holding fee. As big as the store is, we really do have limited space for holding items.
6. We cannot hold unpurchased items. Thanks for understanding this.
7. Our vendors are allowed to set their own prices on items, as they are the ones who know best about their own merchandise. Please understand that we are not free to negotiate prices on items that belong to other vendors. If an item is priced at $50 or more, we will be glad to call a vendor to inquire about negotiating. However, we cannot guarantee that any vendor will be willing to take a lower offer.
8. If you are looking for something in particular, please feel free to ask, but please understand if we're not sure about it. We try to keep on top of new items coming in, but with forty vendors coming in all throughout the week, we do miss things. Your best bet is always to check the booths very carefully.
9. If there is anything we can do to make your YesterNook experience better for you, please let us know. We'll be glad to assist in anyway possible.
10. We understand that accidents happen and sometimes things get broken. Please let us know, so that we can get it cleaned up quickly. Your safety is our primary concern.
11. Take your time and enjoy yourself while you're in the store. Stop and chat for a while. Get something to drink and sit for a while. We want you to make yourself at home in the store. This is probably the most important house rule of all!
There you have them! The (very few) rules of the house at YesterNook! We hope that they'll help you have a safe and happy visit. We look forward to seeing you soon and often!